Sharing ideas and speaking on panels is an important way to contribute to the betterment of our architectural community. Even more important than public speaking is public listening.
I’ve had the absolute pleasure of presenting to a variety of groups through conference workshops, but also two times as a panelist (Vancouver & Chicago) and even as the keynote speaker at the Nova Scotia Association of Architects annual conference in Halifax. Lately speaking opportunities are through Zoom. While the platform is limiting in its total engagement, it does allow groups to bring in a more diverse range of speakers as they’re not paying for travel costs.
- Speaking Engagements
- Legal Guide to Managing Contracts & Risk in Design Projects; Zoom December 11, 2020
- Panelist, CUI, Cities in the Time of COVID-19; Zoom, July 2020
- Session Speaker, RAIC Festival of Architecture; Ottawa, ON, May 2017
- Keynote Speaker, NSAA Spring Forum; Halifax, NS, June 2016
- Session Speaker, OAA Conference; Toronto, ON, May 2016
- Closing Conference Panelist, AAO Conference; Chicago, IL, November 2015
- Lightning Presentation, AAO Conference; Chicago, IL, November 2015
- Session Speaker, AIBC Conference; Vancouver, BC, October 2015
- Business of Architecture Panelist, AIBC Conference; Vancouver, BC, October 2015
- Session Speaker, RAIC Conference; Calgary, AB, June 2015
- 10x20x20 Presenter, Winnipeg Design Festival; Winnipeg, MB, September 2014
- Session Speaker, RAIC Conference; Winnipeg, MB, May 2014
- Session Speaker, RAIC Conference; Vancouver, BC, May 2011